Note: Research and reading materials include primary and secondary sources, as well as popular derivative articles and books. This is a work in progress. Last updated 7/1/18.
• Adams, Azel, The Mayflower and Her Log, July 15, 1620-May 6, 1621. Chiefly from Original Sources (Boston and New York, The Riverside Press, 1901).
• Anderson, Robert Charles, Pilgrim Migration: Pilgrims to Plymouth Colony, 1620-1633 (NEHGS).
• Andrews, Charles McLean, The Founders of New England: A Chronicle of the Puritan Commonwealths (Yale University Press, 1919).
• Arber, Edward, The Story of the Pilgrim Fathers (London, Boston and New York, 1897).
• Ashton, Robert, The works of John Robinson, pastor of the Pilgrim Fathers (1851) with a memoir and annotations by Robert Ashton, 3 Vols (1851).
• Baker, Peggy M., The Plymouth Colony Patent (Pilgrim Society & Pilgrim Hall Museum, 2007).
• Banks, Charles Edward, The English ancestry and homes of the Pilgrim fathers (Baltimore, 1962).
• Bangs, Jeremy Dupertius, Pilgrim Life in Leiden: Text and Images from the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum (Leiden, 1997).
• Bangs, Jeremy Dupertius, Strangers and Pilgrims, Travellers and Sojourners: Leiden and the Foundations of Plymouth Plantation (Plymouth, Massachusetts: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2009).
• Bangs, Jeremy Dupertius, The Pilgrims in the Netherlands: Recent Research (Leiden: Leiden Municipal Archives, 1985).
• Bartlett, W.H., The Pilgrim Fathers & Founders (London, 1854).
• Blaxland, Rev. G. Cuthbert, Mayflower Essays—The Story of the Pilgrim Fathers (London, 1896).
• Bradford, William and Edward Winslow, Mourt’s Relation. A Journal of the Pilgrims at Plymouth [verbatim], with an introduction and notes, ed. by Henry Martyn Dexter (1865).
• Bridgman, Thomas, The Pilgrims of Boston and their descendants (New York, 1856).
• Brigham, Albert Perry, Cape Cod and the Old colony (New York and London, 1920).
• Brown, John Irwin, The English Puritans (Cambridge, England, 1910).
• Brown, John Irwin, The Pilgrim Fathers in Holland (1608-1620) (Leyden, 1920).
• Brown, John Irwin, The Pilgrim fathers of New England and their Puritan successors by John Brown; with an introduction by the Rev. A. E. Dunning; With illustrations from original sketches by Charles Whymper (New York, 1896).
• Bunker, Nick, Making Haste from Babylon. The Mayflower Pilgrims and Their World. A New History (New York, 2011).
• Burgess, Walter H., John Robinson, pastor of the Pilgrim Fathers. A study of his life and times (London and New York, 1920).
• Byington, Ezra Hoyt, The Puritan as a Colonist and Reformer (Boston, 1899).
See below for more pages.